Monday 9 April 2012

Intermission Message No. 1, Part 2

As the previous post, with comments, illuminates, transportation of your kayak can be tricky even if you have a car. The point A to A scenario is what you are most likely to use.
However the A to B scenario is possible if you employ an extra mean of transport like a bus, train, second car or a bicycle.
As an example I wish to sail the coast from Aarhus to Ebeltoft (two danish cities):
I drive to Aarhus harbour and unload my kayak at a safe location. Safe places can be hard to find, but if you can find a rowing, kayaking or yachting club you can always ask them for a place to temporarily leave your kayak. People who sails usually help each other.
Then I drive to Ebeltoft and leave my car in the area I wish to sail to, and take the extra mean of transportation, in this case a bus, back to where I left my kayak.
Annoying but doable.
I can leave my car at the beginning also, but if I don't already know a safe place to leave my kayak at the end of the trip, it’s better, in my opinion, to do it like described above. Just so I don’t end up with no place to leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment